Friday, September 27, 2013

Flamingo dishcloth.....changed to a scarf

Hey all, so i decided i did not like the flamingo dishcloth in that type of material, so i scrapped it until i can get some nice sugar and cream yarn to knit it in. I decided to use that pink for a nice fall scarf, its a nice leaf lace scarf called the easy leaves scarf. Its actually a really easy pattern like it suggests, when i first tried it i was still kind of new to knitting and I was like omg how the heck do I do a double decrease! But the pattern maker explained it well and I was able to make a beautiful leaf scarf in a beautiful white yarn with silver strands in it. I gave it as a Christmas gift and the receiver loved it, so I decided to try it again now that I'm more practiced at knitting. U can get the pattern here.

On this pattern you repeat 12 rows to create the lovely leaf pattern. What I have done was knit it in 2 separate type of yarns with an US size 8 needle, I'm knitting it in a nice green the color is called lemongrass, its part of the wool ease collection by lion brand yarn. The pink is the same pink I was using to knit the flamingo dishcloth again I don't remember brand or color name but I am knitting it on a US size 8 needle.

On the green scarf I'm on pattern repeat 2 row 3 of a 16 repeat pattern, u then repeat the pattern one more time to row 11 then u knit 2 rows and bind off. Then it calls for your to wash and block and pin into place till completely dry because the pattern tends to curl because of it being a lacy pattern and it was knitted in a light yarn for a more of a late spring/fall scarf, that's why I knitted it in the lemongrass wool ease lion brand yarn to try a bit of a heavier/thicker yarn to see if less curl would happen and for more of a warmer scarf for late fall/winter.

I knitted it in the pink as well because it was a lighter yarn that the pattern called for and then u could see how it comes out for me on the pink scarf I'm on repeat 2 row 3. I'm trying to keep both of the scarves in the same stage of knitting so u can see them come together at the end. You can of course make the pattern wider and longer if you prefer by adding another pattern repeat or 2 and casting on 8 more stitches for each extra pattern repeat you would like to do.  I've included 2 pictures the brighter one is to show the true colors of the yarn and the darker one is to show the leaf pattern more clearly.

Until next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment