Sunday, September 8, 2013

My first post, my current projects

Good news everyone, the title of my post is exactly what it will contain. My current projects include a blanket and a dishcloth. The blanket i am knitting is called the heart baby blanket, it basically consists of knitting and purling. The pattern for the heart blanket can be found here. I have gotten to row 22 in the 24 row pattern, that gets repeated till you get to your desired length. To see what a complete one will look like go to the link I provided earlier in the post. What I'm using to knit this project is the red hearts brand in a rose color if my memory serves me correct i had tossed out the wrap,  I'm knitting on a us size 10 circular needle (6.0 Mm) the pattern calls for a us size 6 circular needle (4.25mm) but I figured I'd do a bigger size needle as i am not knitting this for a baby so I'm using a thicker, not so baby soft, yarn. 


My other project is a flamingo dishcloth my friend had requested for her and her mother, i will not have a picture of that one as I am only to the cast on part I have not actually knitted any rows on that yet. I'm using a lighter pink which again I am unsure of the brand and color name as I had accidently tossed the wrap for it, I believe I got it at a local craft store on clearance where I tend to buy most of my yarn they have a wide selection, they have even expanded their yarn section, and they tend to have good clearance yarn. Anyways a little off topic there, I'm not using the traditional yarn someone would use for dishcloths as I believe they won't actually use them as dishcloths, but I will make them another in a sugar and cream pink of some sort. More on that in another post thanks for looking


No comments:

Post a Comment